Club runs are organised on a weekly basis, throughout the winter months (October - March) with a designated cafe stop, usually for 50-60 miles at a steady pace. If numbers dictate, the clubrun will be split in groups depending on ability. The club run meets on a Sunday, 9:30am at the Square, Market Harborough.
From March - October, the majority of members participate in racing activities and there is no organised club run. However club members wanting a Sunday morning ride still tend to meet on an informal basis at the Square in Market Harborough.
The winter club runs have now started and at present we do not have sufficient volunteers to run two rides of differing speeds. However there is a Social Ride organised by club members, if you are interested please contact Bill Barrie on 07711 416 254 or 01858 565677 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Linda Yarnold 01858 431771. email@example.com. Having a group of people willing to lead runs on different weeks will make this easier to manage so please contact Matt Plews (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01162 404 723) or Nick Clarke (email@example.com or 07917 022 511) if you are interested.
In order to ensure that people know what to expect we will be posting details of the current weeks rides' on the website including details of likely distances, cafe destination and average speeds.
These are a great way of keeping in shape, getting comfortable with group riding skills and meeting up with club members at times when solitary riding can be less than pleasant.
For those of you unfamiliar with the club run, we have listed a few bullet points below covering etiquette. These are fairly straightforward and have been included for reasons of both safety and everyone's riding enjoyment.
- Obey the rules of the road
- Point to obstacles, holes etc
- Advise of any oncoming cars/cars at the rear
- Ride no more than 2 abreast and single out when required
- No halfwheeling (when you ride half a wheel or more ahead of the person you are cycling with)
- Stay together as a group.
- If the group splits up, slow down or wait for dropped riders
- Mudguards are highly recommended for your fellow cyclists protection as much as your own
- Always carry spare inner tubes, tyre levers, pump, energy bars/gel, rain jacket etc
- The club run is not a training ride, more a social ride with a café stop.