Club & Go Ride Races.
First Claim Members only.
It's nearly time for the Rockingham Races....... and this year we're shaking things up with a brand new format that you simply have to try.
Instead of the usual thrash round the circuit for individual glory; this time you'll be riding as part of a team against others of similar ability. It'll be just like the Tour de France (but in Corby; and without any booing from the French).
The Rocky Races are open to riders of all shapes, sizes, speed and ability.
You don't need any racing experience to take part..... just a determination to have some fun.
This is how it works...
1. Riders will be put in teams of three.
2. The teams will be made up of riders of similar standard (this will be on the basis of TT times; knowledge of your riding ability on club runs etc).
3. Teams will race against other teams of similar standard; so there will be an A race (for the quickest boys and girls), a B race and a C race.
4. All competitors will be on road bikes (so no TT bars, disc wheels etc)
5. The race duration will be c45 minutes; with all riders from all teams on the track at the same time
6. Points will be awarded for finishing positions for all riders within the A, B or C race
7. They'll be glory for the victors, and tears and tantrums for the losers (again, just like the Tour).
8. Simple as......
The races take part on Tuesdays: August 8, 15 and 29
PLEASE NOTE: You must be a first claim WVCC club member to take part. These events are not open to guests (for insurance reasons).
If you'd like to take part in any / all of the races, PLEASE EMAIL DATES YOU CAN MAKE to email@example.com before midnight on Sunday, August 6.